It is proposed by TANGEDCO to procure 1000 MW of solar power from the solar power
developers / bidders through competitive bidding route.
• Capacity requirement is 1 MW and above.
• EMD is Rs.7 lakhs per MW in the form of Banker’s Cheque / DD/pay order.
• The Bidders should be financially sound and the Bidder should have to give Documentary proof of having financial capability. (Net worth – 1 Crore / MW)
• The bidder should be in possession of required land (sale deed or Lease deed) or having a binding agreement to lease or purchase. Document to be furnished within 30 days from the date of issue of LoI.
• Security Deposit of Rs.30 Lakh / MW at the time of signing of PPA shall be furnished either by way of DD / banker’s cheque / pay Order or Bank guarantee valid for a period of 15 months. On furnishing the SD, the EMD alr4eady furnished shall be returned.
• Validity of PPA is 20 years
• Solar power plant shall be commissioned within 10 months from the date of issuance of LoI. In case of failure to achieve this milestone. TANGEDCO shall encash the Performance Guarantee in the following manner :
a. Delay upto 1 month – 20%
b. Delay of more than 1 month and upto 3 months – 40%
c. Delay of more than 3 months – Remaining BG
d. Delay beyond 18 months – PPA will be terminated and the Project shall be
removed from the list of selected projects.
• Rate should be quoted for the period from 1.1.2013 or COD whichever is earlier to
31.3.2013. The rate finalized after negotiation will be escalated at the rate of 5% every
years upto ten years from 1.4.2013. The applicable rate at the end of 10th year will
remain constant for the remaining PPA period.
• All the bidders selected will be asked to match L1 negotiated rate in the event, the total
aggregate capacity of the Solar PV Projects qualified by TANGEDCO is higher than
1000 MW, the final Selection of the Projects from the list of qualified projects will bedone on pro-rata basis. If the proposed capacity of more than one developer in a particular location is higher than the actual feasible capacity then the actual feasible capacity will be shared among them.
• Selected bidders have to pay consultation charges towards Load Flow Study. The selected developers has to establish evacuation facility based on load flow study results i.e. the developers has to erect the power evacuation line from their proposed solar power plant to the TANTRANSCO substation at their cost as per section 10(1) of Electricity Act 2003. Also if new substation is required for power evacuation the developer has to establish the substation and erect the transmission line upto TANTRANSCO grid substation which will be identified in load flow study as per section 10 (1) of Electricity Act 2003.
• The payment mechanism for the solar power purchased shall be made on 30th
day from the date of receipt of passed bill (Invoice) at LC opener’s bank.
1. Date of issuance of Tender – Zero date
2. Submission of Bid – Zero + 30 days
3. Opening of Bid – Zero + 30 days
4. Qualification of eligible bidder and issuance of LoI – Zero + 60 days
5. Completion of load flow study – Zero + 90 days
6. Signing of PPA – Zero + 120 days
7. Commissioning of the Project – Zero + 360 days