Guidelines for Empanelment of Channel Partners/Agencies and New Entrepreneur under ‘Grid Connected Rooftop and Small Solar Power Plants Programme’
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) is implementing a ‘Grid Connected Rooftop and Small Solar Power Plants Programme’ in the Country. The Government of India has set a target of 40,000 MWp of Grid-Interactive Rooftop Solar PV Plants during the next five years. However, 10,000 MWp are intended to be done in next two years. These rooftop solar PV plants will be set up in residential, commercial, industrial, institutional sectors in the country ranging from 1 kWp to 500 kWp capacity. Such rooftop plants have become economically viable as they produce clean electricity from the solar energy at about Rs. 7.0 per kWh even without any subsidy. However, MNRE will be providing the 15% subsidy on the capital cost of the system. The interest subsidy through the banks is also being planned.
2. The Channel Partners/Agencies will play an important role in implementation of grid connected rooftop systems in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional sectors across the country. The Channel Partners may be involved by States Nodal Agencies/ Departments/ PSUs, Financial Institutions, Public Sector Banks and other implementing agencie Ref. “Grid Connected Rooftop and Small Solar Power Plants Programme” vide no. 30/11/2012-13/NSM dated 26th June 2014, for empanelment of Channel Partners the guidelines are as follows :
1. Any of the following entities can apply to become Channel Partner
1.1 Renewable Energy Service Providing Companies (RESPCOs)
1.2 System Integrators
1.3 Manufactures of any component of the Solar Plants
1.4 Project Developers
1.5 VENDORS/Suppliers of solar equipment’s
1.6 Reputed and relevant NGOs of national level
1.7 Govt. PSUs, Departments, Agencies, Technical Institutions
2. The eligibility conditions are:
2.1 The Registered company/NGO must have experience to carry out activities which are envisaged under the programme.
2.2 The Channel Partner have certificate from a rating agency in the country for technical and financial strength.
2.3 The Channel Partner must have audited account for last three years.
2.4 The company net worth must be positive. The assests and liabilities of the company must be clearly specified by rating agencies.
2.5 Reputed Govt. PSUs, Departments, Agencies, Technical Institutions could be exempted from the accreditation by rating agency on submission of their application with MNRE based on the criteria defined for this purpose.
3. Application process: Any entity which fulfills the above criteria may approach rating agencies to get the rating. After getting rating the entities may forward the rating report with application to register them as Channel Partner.
3.1 Rating Agencies: Reputed rating agencies in the country which may be specified by MNRE including those who registered with RBI and SEBI are eligible to rate the agencies. The following is the levels of rating :
1 to 5 depicts the technical strength with 1 being the highest. A to E depicts the financial strength with A being the highest.
3.2 Period to Receive Applications: The Ministry will receive applications from the entities to become Channel Partners during January – February and July – August in every calendar year. However, depending upon necessity the applications may be invited in between also.
3.3 Tenure: The tenure of Channel Partner is initially for two years.
3.4 The Channel Partner will give undertaking for engagement, development and training of at least 25 persons who will work for the development of solar roof-top market through sales, service, marketing etc.
3.5 The Channel Partner must open office/ shops and service centers in the State where they have their registered office.
4.0 Section-2: Service network
Since all systems installed by Channel Partners are with five years AMC the Channel Partners must have representative office in the area/state where the systems are installed. The Channel Partner must be in position to attend the complaint, if any, within 48 hrs.
5.0 Section-3: Website
The Channel Partner must have own website. Details of all systems installed by Channel Partners must be placed on website. Channel Partners have to have complaint redressal mechanism. This must be reflected in the Channel Partner’s Website.
6.0 Section-4: Training
The Channel Partner will have to develop training capacities. MNRE will come with plan to train local persons to ensure service near the user. Channel Partners will have to implement the plan. They must also have a plan of their own. The details of trained manpower must be placed on Channel Partner’s Website.
7.0 Section-5: Manpower
7.1 Channel Partners must have technical manpower on their payrolls. This will reflect in the rating reports given by the rating agencies.
7.2 Literature User’s Manual: The Channel Partner must have literature/user’s manual for installer and user. They must have brochure, pamphlets giving company information, company information, to whom complaint to be placed for service. These must be distributed to all users along with manuals of inverters and other information to the user.
8.0 Section-6: Review
The Ministry will review the Programme periodically.
9.0 Guidelines for Empanelment of New Entrepreneurs
1. It should be a registered company under the Company Act 1956.
2. It should not be blacklisted from ministry of cooperate affair.
3. It must have Solar/power related experience.
4. The company must have Engineering background.
5. Company engaged in the manufacturing of any of solar related product or BOS component can be considered for the empanelment.