F.No. 6/30/2017-DGAD : Indian Solar Manufactures Association (hereinafter referred to as the petitioner) has filed an application before the Designated Authority (hereinafter also referred to as the Authority) in accordance with the Customs Tariff Act, 1975, as amended from time to time (hereinafter also referred to as the Act) and Customs Tariff (Identification, Assessment and Collection of Anti-Dumping Duty on Dumped articles and for Determination of injury) Rules, 1995, as amended from time to time (hereinafter also referred to as the Rules) for initiation of anti-dumping investigation and imposition of anti dumping duties concerning imports of ‘Solar Cells whether or not assembled in modules or Panels or on glass or some other suitable substrates’ (hereinafter also referred to as subject goods), originating in or exported from China PR, Taiwan and Malaysia (hereinafter also referred to as the subject countries)
- And whereas , on finding prima facie that evidence of dumping of the subject goods originating in or exported from the subject countries, injury to the domestic industry and a causal link between the said dumping and injury exists to justify an initiation of anti dumping investigation; the Authority hereby initiates an investigation into the alleged dumping, and consequent injury to the domestic industry concerning imports of the subject goods from subject countries in terms of Rule 5 of the Anti-Dumping Rules, to determine the existence, degree and effect of alleged dumping and injury to recommend the amount of antidumping duty, which if levied, would be adequate to remove the injury to the domestic industry.
- Product under consideration
- The product under consideration in the present investigation is ‘Solar Cells whether or not assembled partially or fully in Modules or Panels or on glass or some other ( suitable substrates’ (hereinafter referred to as Subject goods for the sake of brevity) originating in or exported from China PR, Taiwan and Malaysia.
- Solar cell is a solid state electrical device that converts sunlight directly into electricity by the photovoltaic To make the practical use of solar cells, the same is placed in panels or modules or on glass or some other suitable substrates. A solar panel/module is a packaged, connected assembly of solar cells. Thin films are also panels/modules. Scope of Product Under Consideration covers cells, modules and thin films.
- Solar cells are also known as Photovoltaic Cells in the market parlance. Photovoltaic technology enables direct conversion of sun light into electricity and to make the practical use of photovoltaic technology, solar cells/modules or panels are produced and the same is predominantly used in solar power plants to generate el Solar energy conversion into electricity takes place in a semiconductor device which is known as a solar cell. A single solar cell is a unit that delivers a certain amount of electrical power in terms watt and in order to achieve a particular amount of wattage,number of solar cells have to be connected together to form a solar panel,also called as PV module. For large scale generations of solar electricity, the solar panels are connected together into a solar array.
- There are two major technologies available for manufacturing of subject product as submitted. They are:(1) Crystalline Silicon (c-Si) based solar cell technology which is also known as wafer based technology and (2) Thin film The thin film technology may also use, Amorphous Silicon, Cadmium Tellurium (CdTe) or Copper Indium Gallium Selenium as semiconductor materials. Solar cells of both c-Si Technology and Thin Film Technology have been imported into India. The product under consideration (PUC) includes solar cells produced through both the technologies i.e. crystalline technology and thin film technology.
Click here for the documentSOLAR CELL Initiation Anti Dumping Duty